Manual Lymphatic Drainage, as developed by Dr. Bruno Chikly, may be employed to reduce swelling and pain in superficial and deep tissues. This technique involves very light touch on the skin to gently and rhythmically move the lymph fluid though the body. MLD may also enhance the functioning of the immune system. I have used MLD with phenomenal results with persons with Fibromyalgia syndrome, as well as those recovering from injury or surgery, and to reduce swelling and discomfort during pregnancy.
- Integrated Body Therapies
Christine A. Ruppert, LMT5712 Stillwell Road
Rockville, MD 20851
- 1555 Connecticut Ave., NW
Suite 200 West
Washington, DC 20009
- Want to tackle your bad posture? Massage can help.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- All About Reflexology
- All About Trigger Point Therapy
- The Many Benefits of Acupressure
- More about Fascia & Your Health
- FASCIA: Here, There, & Everywhere!
- Massage Therapy for Sports Injuries
- Massage Therapy for Sprains and Strains
- 5 Surprising Benefits of Massage for Athletes