There’s no denying the healing power of massage. The health benefits of massage therapy extend well beyond simply soothing aches and pains. Research has proven that massages can be a powerful collaborator in your healthcare regimen.
Whether it’s for pampering as a luxurious treat or rejuvenating for stress relief or therapeutic to manage chronic pain, everyone can benefit from massage therapy.
- Massage reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which can lift your spirits and often lowers your blood pressure.
- Many physicians recommend massage therapy to their patients. Of those patients who incorporated massage therapy into their lives, they experienced an improvement in their pain management and overall functionality compared to the patients who did not receive any massage therapy treatment.
- Massage treatments can promote healthier sleep due to the increased number of delta waves in your brain. Delta waves are associated with deep sleep. That’s why many of us fall asleep on the massage table.
- A thirty minute massage decreased pain for people with tension headaches and curbed some of the stress.
- Massage treatments increases blood flow, encourages lymphatic drainage and adds vitality to a dull complexion.
- Massage therapy will help improve the condition of your skin by promoting tissue regeneration, supporting the reduction of scar tissue and stretch marks.
Getting a massage can do you a world of good and getting massages on a regular basis can do even more. Don’t waste any more time. Visit us or call now to scheduled your next appointment.